Born on 6th June, 1959 in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, Mujtaba Farooq is associated with the social service sector – especially in the education field – for more than three decades. He is currently heading the Markazi Taleemi Board as its Chairman.
His objective is to struggle for the upliftment of Ummah in the field of Education, Media, Politics and others.
1) Secretary General – All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat (AIMMM), New Delhi.
2) Rukn e Shura (CAC Member) – Jamaat-e-Islami Hind.
3) Director – JanSeva Cooperative Credit Society Ltd.
4) Founder Director – Mass Vision Info Media Pvt. Ltd. Aurangabad. (Urdu Daily Asia Express).
5) Executive Member – Human Welfare Foundation, New Delhi.
6) Convener – Co-Ordination Committee of Indian Muslims (CCIM). New Delhi.
7) Founder Secretary – Federation of Muslim Educational Institutions (FMEI), New Delhi.
8) Chairman – Amiable Charitable Trust, Aurangabad. (Scholars’ Group of Institutions).
9) President – Vidya Abhiyan Shikshan Sanstha, Aurangabad.
10) Organizing Secretary – Joint Committee of Muslim Organisations of India (JCMOI), New Delhi.
11) Executive Member – Jaamiat-ul-Falah, Azam Gadh, UP.
12) Executive Member – Niswan College, Aligadh, UP.
13) President – Al-Hira Educational & Welfare Society Khuldabad. (Al-Irfan Residential School, D.Ed College).
14) Columnist – Urdu Daily Asia Express, Aurangabad.
15) Director – WOODARCH Industries Pvt. Ltd. Aurangabad.
16) Director – Mujtaba Infrastructures, Aurangabad.
1) State President – Jamaat-e-Islami Hind Maharashtra. 1996-2003.
2) National Secretary – Jamaat-e-Islami Hind. New Delhi. 2003-2011.
3) National President – Welfare Party of India. New Delhi. 2011-2014.
4) Chairman – Al-Hira Educational & Welfare Society, Aurangabad. 1994-2006.
5) Chairman – Falah-e-Aam Trust, Maharashtra. 1992-2008.
6) Secretary – DAWAT Trust, New Delhi. 2008-2010.
He is a voracious reader, an eloquent speaker and a prolific writer. He also has a keen interest in social issues.
Many articles news reviews have been published in news papers on social, political and educational issues.
He is a member of several NGO and societies. Many educational institutions and schools are running under his guidance.
He is equally well-versed in English, Urdu, Hindi and Marathi. He is media friendly and talks on different social issues, especially related to the minority community. He always strives for the cause of human rights, humanity and social justice.
He has participated in several national conferences.
He has visited various countries like Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, UAE, Pakistan and Bangladesh.